I'm well aware this blog has suffered the fate of so many blogs before it. So much promise at the beginning, with seemingly so much to write about, but as the weeks pass, updates fall further and further down the to-do list like Texas football in the national polls (zing!). The reality is that the MBA makes you choose what you have time for, and this blog hasn't been very high on the priority list lately. For anybody out there who actually still checks this, I apologize.
When we left you, I was in the midst of first quarter midterms which came ridiculously fast after the start of classes. It's been about two months since then, and it's hard to believe all the things that have passed since. I'll try to recap it all, but I'll probably miss a few things.
Academics
- Finished first quarter Accounting, Finance, Stats, and Microecon
- Started second quarter Macroecon, Operations, Marketing Management, and Analysis of Markets
- Picked out classes for the Spring semester
- Finally experienced the man, the myth, the legend John Doggett during his "how to crack a case" lecture
Career-Related
- Listened to Microsoft senior marketing executive and UT MBA alum speak to GMN about marketing and life at Microsoft
- Went on a 3 day Marketing Trek to Seattle with 30 other 1st years and visited Starbucks, Microsoft, Alaska Airlines, Jackson Fish Market, T-Mobile, and Amazon
- Did some informational interviewing with sports companies
- Listened to UT MBA alum and current Nike marketer speak about Nike's strategy to grow the tee shirt business from $500 MM to $1 B in 3 years
- Met companies on campus for Brief & Meets last week
Clubs/Misc. McCombs Activity
- Admitted to be a student representative on the McCombs Admissions Committee and elected to Marketing Fellows
- Done a few Texas MBA Fridays and met a bunch of prospective students
- Working with a global sports apparel manufacturer on a McCombs Plus Project
- Had lunch with MBA Program Director and Dean of the MBA program
So yeah...things got busy. Things are always busy. But there are less than four weeks to go before this quarter is over and I'm on five weeks of vacation/dedicated career planning time!
No comments:
Post a Comment