Friday, June 11, 2010

Welcome to Austin, have a towel

In a stroke of luck on the work front, I had to go to Dallas for two days this week. Being in Dallas is never lucky, but in this case that meant I was close to my new city, Austin. Today I took the 30 minute flight to Austin to find an apartment for one more "there's no turning back now" moment. I'm slowly acclimating myself to the swamp-assing combination of severe heat and humidity and trying to avoid taking four showers a day. So far so good.

Tomorrow is the big day to find an apartment. Knowing next to nothing about all the neighborhoods (craigslist didn't help either - seriously Austin people, learn to put addresses on your listings and not vague descriptions like "Central" which spans a 10 square mile area), I'm using Greenlight Locating to drive me around to find a place. I've heard nothing but good things about their services, so I'm looking forward to knocking it out in one afternoon (knock on wood).

Anyways, I'm off to find a place to eat tonight and maybe take a swim at the hotel pool while dodging the 100 Harleys in the parking lot for this weekend's convention (seriously). I'll be sure to post pics and maybe even some video (thanks for the flip Molly!) of my new digs once I do the paperwork.

Hook 'em!

No comments:

Post a Comment